Today, I'm so happy to share with you a simple way to achieve an advanced search like our demo making use of TZ Portfolio+ extra-fields. Advanced search will help your visitors to sort specific articles containing one of the selected fields. Extra fields play a role like additional information belonging to a portfolio article. Are you playing around to find the right way on this? This tutorial is yours. Here we go!
1. Create field group and fields
- Go to Admin > Components > TZ Portfolio Plus > Field Groups > New
- Go to Admin > Components > TZ Portfolio Plus > Fields > New
When adding new fields, you need to enable options like Advanced Search and Search Link, which will help Advanced Search display and work properly.
Create categories / portfolio articles
- Go to admin > Components > TZ Portfolio Plus > Categories > New
- Go to admin > Components > TZ Portfolio Plus > Articles > New
- Assign the category to specific group field, and articles in this category will inherit group field from its category
Create and assign the category to a specific group field
Article has Group field inherited from its category
Add new module TZ Portfolio+ Filter
Our Advanced Search is based on module TZ Portfolio+ Filter. So you need to add new module of this module type:
- Go to Admin > Extensions > Modules > New > Navigate and Click TZ Portfolio+ Filter
- Give this module a position and make sure this position is properly displayed in your page layout
Create TZ Portfolio+ filter module
Config module TZ Portfolio+ filter
Add a new menu item
- Go to Admin > Menus > Main Menu > New
- Menu item type: TZ Portfolio Plus > Portfolio
- Choose categories you want to display
- Set Column Width to get an ideal number of columns
Check your page in front-end
After having done those steps above, you should refresh and go to front page to see how your advanced search work.